Custom Search
PE/Health Education, & The Winning Attitude: Consistency and Organization in the Classroom

About Me

My photo
Estacada, Oregon, United States
I am 23 years old and I am engaged to the most amazing woman in the world. The wedding date is coming up, July 18th, but it seems like an eternity away. I currently teach physical education at two different elementary schools (both in the same day) in the Sherman County School District, located in Oregon. I recently graduated from Eastern Oregon University with a Bachelor of Science degree in physical activity and health with three areas of concentrations: Exercise Science, Health & Wellness, and Physical Education & Sport. In July I will graduate from Eastern Oregon University with a Masters degree in Education.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Consistency and Organization in the Classroom

Consistency and organization are two of my biggest focuses in the classroom, especially in the first few weeks of a new class and when a new activity is introduced.

I find that if you want a certain behavior, you cannot simple expect the students to know what that is. You have to teach them exactly what you want and then you need to be consistent in your expectations. If you constantly flip back and forth on what you expect, the students will never know how to behave. As a result, the students will revert to their own way of behaving, which is rarely the same behavior that a teacher would desire.

"Everything must be done in a proper and orderly way"
- 1 Corinthians 14:40

1 comment:

  1. Since I teach a performance class,art, I have found I need to demonstrate how to set up and clean after projects. but, one thing I love about my current placement is the technology that allows me to demonstrate the process. Then, I can have it projected and magnifies on the screen instead of having circling around a table to watch.

    ReplyDelete