Custom Search
PE/Health Education, & The Winning Attitude: Close to Something Special? One Degree?

About Me

My photo
Estacada, Oregon, United States
I am 23 years old and I am engaged to the most amazing woman in the world. The wedding date is coming up, July 18th, but it seems like an eternity away. I currently teach physical education at two different elementary schools (both in the same day) in the Sherman County School District, located in Oregon. I recently graduated from Eastern Oregon University with a Bachelor of Science degree in physical activity and health with three areas of concentrations: Exercise Science, Health & Wellness, and Physical Education & Sport. In July I will graduate from Eastern Oregon University with a Masters degree in Education.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Close to Something Special? One Degree?

CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE

I ran across this while reading another blog (old high school coach and friend, Roger Freeborn). I thought that this was a great motivating quote to go along with an inspiring image.

This really makes you think. Of course this would make a great poster for an athletic team, but I think it could work just as well in the classroom.

I am going to use this as a classroom opener for classes on Monday. I will put this poster on the board and have the students respond to the following writing prompt in their daily journal:

How does this poster make you feel? What thoughts came to your head after seeing this poster? How can you take this message and use it in your everyday life?

Benefits of this poster:

1. Great motivator.
2. Classroom opener.
3. Incorporation of literacy in the classroom.
4. Incorporation of science in the classroom.
5. Allows students to self-reflect.
6. Helps solve the biggest problem, our attitude.

5 comments:

  1. Sure you can make it into a poster....what you do is to take a screen shot of it, paste it into Photoshop, save it as a tiff file and take it to Fed Ex Office or something like that and get it printed. I'll sent you the file.
    Be11!
    RF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd --
    Thanks for the note to check out your blog -- I've really enjoyed being in on the thoughts behind the action I see at school.

    Great quotes, too!

    - Terri Earl, SLC South Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture. You should make it a poster and get it framed for your future office. :)
    Doing good on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Makes my skiing yesterday look pretty wimpy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great quote. 5:15 in the morning thats my kind of team.

    ReplyDelete