Custom Search
PE/Health Education, & The Winning Attitude: St. Patrick's Day!

About Me

My photo
Estacada, Oregon, United States
I am 23 years old and I am engaged to the most amazing woman in the world. The wedding date is coming up, July 18th, but it seems like an eternity away. I currently teach physical education at two different elementary schools (both in the same day) in the Sherman County School District, located in Oregon. I recently graduated from Eastern Oregon University with a Bachelor of Science degree in physical activity and health with three areas of concentrations: Exercise Science, Health & Wellness, and Physical Education & Sport. In July I will graduate from Eastern Oregon University with a Masters degree in Education.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day!

As you may have noticed by now, I am huge on investing in your students. Building relationships and relating to students is, in my opinion, more important than any content standards you will face.

If the students do not respect or want to learn from you, then what you teach becomes irrelevant.

When students see that you care about them, they will do whatever you ask of them.

Today I decided to dress up a little for St. Patrick's Day (look at pic).
The students loved it and they don't know it, but today I made a pretty big deposit into the Bank of Students.

Someday I will need to make a withdrawal from that bank, but because of a green wig and some green glasses, I should have sufficient funds!

Don't forget that we are here for the students and not a paycheck.

What can you do to help your students today?

2 comments:

  1. Funny picture. I'm sure they thought it was great! :) Umm..that deposit line - king of queens? lol
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swanny this is freaking cool man. Keep putting money into the savings and take a small withdrawal when necessary.

    ReplyDelete